Super Star Wars Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Star Wars Forums

The re-established best free Star Wars Forum on the net!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What would you have changed in the Originals?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Merchant

The Merchant

What would you have changed in the Originals?  Empty
PostSubject: What would you have changed in the Originals?    What would you have changed in the Originals?  Icon_minitime02/09/14, 01:21 am

I know a lot of people really like the originals, but they weren't perfect. Anyone have any changes to the OT they would have made? I would have gotten rid of Ewoks and Endor in general, place the shield generator on a planet that has no natives and the Rebels needed espionage skills like the Bothans to go through the Imperial forces, maybe even use Luke's force powers to breach the defenses before he goes to his final battle.
Back to top Go down
That1smartdude

That1smartdude

PostSubject: Re: What would you have changed in the Originals?    What would you have changed in the Originals?  Icon_minitime05/09/14, 03:55 pm

I've got a couple things I would've changed a little. For starters, in Episode IV, the duel between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader. I would have changed it just a bit, made it look a little less like slowed-down Kendo. I'm actually working on an animation project right now, re-choreographing the duel a bit to make it fit more with the other two lightsaber duels in the originals. (I'm not wanting it to look anything like the prequels, just a bit more... Well, aggressive, I guess you could say. Rather than two guys just standing there tapping sticks together.)
Second, I would've had the Death Star II being built over Kashyyyk instead of Endor. If I remember correctly, that was actually going to be the original plan. I would've loved to see more Wookiees instead of Ewoks. And, much as you mentioned, I would've liked to see Luke's Force powers playing a bigger role when assaulting the shield generator, along with a bit more espionage.
Third, I would've had Darth Vader's appearance on Hoth be a bit more notable. Maybe have him actually drawing his lightsaber and slicing his way through rebels on his way to the Millennium Falcon, instead of simply walking at a ponderously slow pace through an empty rebel base. I just think it's a real shame that we never actually see Darth Vader confronting rebel soldiers in combat. He always showed up when all the rebels were either dead or retreating.
This is a really interesting topic, and I'll probably add a few more ideas as I think of other things I'd like to change.
Back to top Go down
That1smartdude

That1smartdude

PostSubject: Re: What would you have changed in the Originals?    What would you have changed in the Originals?  Icon_minitime05/09/14, 04:47 pm

I don't have a source on hand at the moment, but I'm pretty sure George Lucas mentioned in interviews that the original script called for the forest moon to be the home planet of the Wookiees, and he later changed it to Ewoks. Either way, even if what I've heard is wrong, I still would've preferred the DS II to be built over Kashyyyk instead of Endor, so that we could get some awesome Wookiee-killing-Stormtrooper action.
Back to top Go down
Lord of the Flies

Lord of the Flies

PostSubject: Re: What would you have changed in the Originals?    What would you have changed in the Originals?  Icon_minitime09/10/14, 12:07 am

Ewoks, predominantly, but there's a fair bit I would change about the trilogy if given the helm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you have changed in the Originals?    What would you have changed in the Originals?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you have changed in the Originals?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Star Wars Forums :: Star Wars Discussion :: Star Wars: Movies :: Star Wars: The Originals-
Jump to: